IN THIS SECTION
Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
Benfield School has a critical role to play in preparing our pupils for the next stage of their education or training and beyond.
Our key aims are to:
Equip pupils with the skills they need to face the challenges of the world beyond school.
- Raise pupils’ aspirations and broaden their understanding of the full range of opportunities open to them.
- Make pupils aware of the part they can play in the wider community.
- Provide guidance that will promote the best interests of the pupil to whom it is given.
The school’s CEIAG programme ensures that all registered pupils in Years 7-13 have access to independent, accurate and impartial information, advice and guidance to help them prepare for choices, changes and transitions affecting their future education, training and employment. We work in partnership with the Connexions service and a number of other organisations to help us achieve this.
The CEIAG programme is designed to work towards achieving all of the Gatsby Benchmarks as set out in the latest Government statutory guidance. The Gatsby Benchmarks are a key measure of the effectiveness of career advice.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Our CEIAG programme involves all members of staff but is coordinated by the Careers Leader, Ms D Goddard. If you would like to get in touch you can email: email@example.com
Link to CEIAG Programme 2020/21 –
We are here to support all our leavers if you have any questions or worries about what you plan to do next please contact school. You might also find the National Careers Service helpful.
Labour market Information to help you understand job market trends and employment statistics –